Looking for inspirational quotes about minimalism?
In the past couple of years, I have been actively simplifying my life. Minimalist living has lead me to let go of the things that I don’t need and doesn’t bring any joy or purpose anymore in my life. I also let go of the toxic relationships and focused on building a meaningful relationship with the people that truly matter and cares within the inner circle of my relationship tiers.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication is indeed true. Living a simple life definitely helps you to focus on important things and also great for your overall well-being.
Here are some of the inspiring simplicity quotes and minimalist quotes that hopefully will inspire you to pursue the life of less worldly stuff, and live a simple and meaningful life with less.
Here’s the wise words about minimalism and living a simple life that will inspire you today!
- “But I deal with this by meditating and by understanding I’ve been put on the planet to serve humanity. I have to remind myself to live simply and not overindulge, which is a constant battle in a material world.” Sandra Cisneros
- “There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” Jackie French Koller
- “Simplicity involves unburdening your life, and living more lightly with fewer distractions that interfere with a high-quality life, as defined uniquely by each individual.” Linda Breen Pierce
- “One of the advantages of being born in an affluent society is that if one has any intelligence at all, one will realize that having more and more won’t solve the problem, and happiness does not lie in possessions, or even relationships: The answer lies within ourselves. If we can’t find peace and happiness there, it’s not going to come from the outside.” Tenzin Palmo.
- “The intention of voluntary simplicity is not to dogmatically live with less. It’s a more demanding intention of living with balance. This is a middle way that moves between the extremes of poverty and indulgence.” Duane Elgin.
- “We really must understand that the lust for affluence in contemporary society is psychotic. It is psychotic because it has completely lost touch with reality. We crave things we neither need nor enjoy.” Richard Foster.
- “The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn’t simple.”- Doris Janzen Longacre.
- “Any half-awake materialist well knows – that which you hold holds you.” Tom Robbins.
- “Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth, or power. Our souls are hungry for meaning, for the sense that we have figured out how to live so that our lives matter.” Harold Kushner.
“The consumption society has made us feel that happiness lies in having things, and has failed to teach us the happiness of not having things.”
– Elise Boulding.
- “If one’s life is simple, contentment has to come. Simplicity is extremely important for happiness. Having few desires, feeling satisfied with what you have, is very vital: satisfaction with just enough food, clothing, and shelter to protect yourself from the elements.” Dalai Lama.
- “Smile, breathe and go slowly.” Thich Nhat Hanh.
- “You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need.” Vernon Howard.
- “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.” E.F. Schumacher.
- “Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
- “Reduce the complexity of life by eliminating the needless wants of life, and the labours of life reduce themselves.” Edwin Way Teale.
- “Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.” Lin Yutang.
- “Make things as simple as possible but no simpler.” Albert Einstein.
- “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” Will Rogers.