This blog post contains affiliate links and ads. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The words and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author. Read more info on our Disclosure policy.
We’ve all seen a Halong Bay cruise on social media and travel magazine, that picture-perfect scenic view and the classic junk boats.
Doing the day cruise in Halong Bay is one of the main highlights of my visit to Hanoi. Let me share with you my personal experience, some travel tips and guide in choosing then booking the best value Halong Bay cruise.
Is Halong Bay Cruise Worth It?: Day Trip from Hanoi, Vietnam Contents
- Is Halong bay cruise worth it?
- Should I book Halong Bay cruise in advance?
- How do I choose a Halong Bay cruise?
- How to book a Halong bay cruise?
- What are the best value and most luxurious Halong Bay Cruises available?
- List of the Best Halong Bay cruises:
It is a popular day trip destinations from Hanoi. Most of the visitors come from Hanoi airport and travel to Halong Bay via land travel.
Is Halong bay cruise worth it?
Based on my personal experience, Halong bay cruise excursion is definitely worth it. The whole day excursion is a great taster if you want to have a perfect day trip from Hanoi. Since Halong Bay is included in the UNESCO World Heritage list in Vietnam, the natural beauty of the region is truly beyond words.
Should I book Halong Bay cruise in advance?
It is advisable to book your cruise in advance due to its popularity and demand from travellers that are visiting Hanoi and Halong Bay. In the peak season, there are a few days waiting time before you can book and go on a day trip Halong Bay Cruise.
How do I choose a Halong Bay cruise?
In choosing the best value cruise will vary depending on a few things and your personal preference. You need to consider the following:
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- How big or small is the tour group?
- Tour Inclusions
- Travel time
- Does it come with a guide?
- Cruise activities and itinerary
- On-board meals included?
These are the things I checked first before booking our Halong Bay cruise day trip excursion from Hanoi.
How to book a Halong bay cruise?
There are two options on how to book your cruise whether it is an overnight or a day trip:
- You can book it online through a reputable travel excursions source. You can check my recommended Day Trip Halong Bay cruise from Get Your Guide.
- You can also book your cruise via the local travel agents in Hanoi. There are a lot of travel agents that offer various excursions from Hanoi. Again, this something worth doing in advance. You can contact your Hanoi hotel and ask if they can be able to recommend or arrange something for you. Just be sure to ask them all the inclusions based on my recommendations on how to choose a cruise as mentioned above.
What are the best value and most luxurious Halong Bay Cruises available?
Depending on your budget, there are lots of available options. I have gathered a few trusted and has excellent reviews Halong Bay cruise companies that you can book your trip with.
I have included the cruise duration, the price ranges fro each cruise and overnight or day trip options. The Halong bay cruise selection also depends on how much you want to spend on the trip. I picked the best Halong bay cruise on a budget and the most luxurious ones!
List of the Best Halong Bay cruises:
Alisa Premier Cruise
Cruise Duration: 1 – 3 Nights
Prices ranges: £150 – £300 (Check current prices here)
Oasis Bay Classic Cruise
Cruise Duration: Overnight cruise
Price range: from £100 (Check current prices here)
Signature Royal Cruise
Cruise Duration: Overnight Cruise
Price range: from £200 (Check current prices here)
Halong Lavender Cruises
Cruise Duration: 1 to 3 nights
Price range: from £70 (Check current prices here)
Oasis Bay Party Cruises
Cruise Duration: Overnight Cruise
Price range: from £107 (Check current prices here)
Cruise Duration: Luxury Day Tours only
Price range: from £90 (Check current prices here)
Halong Bay Cruise Hunters
Cruise Duration: 1 to 3 nights or Day trip option available
Price ranges: from £40 – £200 (Check current prices here)
Cruise Duration: Day tours only
Price range: from £25 (Check current prices here)
You are guaranteed to have a great time on your Halong Bay cruise whether you would like to cruise overnight, for a few days or just a day trip from Hanoi. I hope that this guide helps you on deciding which one suits you the best for your Vietnam Itinerary.