Do you prefer travelling light? Maybe trying to save some flight costs just by travelling with a piece of cabin luggage? Remember the days wherein you hesitantly checked in your suitcase?
Whether you are trying to save money, travelling light with just carry-on luggage, or scared of the idea of breaking items in your hold luggage and you also carry the fear of potentially losing valuables during transit. Keeping them as close to you as possible brings some sense of comfort.
The good news is, the day of the cabin suitcase has come! Its concept has been a joy for on-the-go travellers. More than the security and money, the time saved waiting and retrieving checked-in bags to arrive is surely a well-desired benefit.
Are you in a hurry?
Here’s our recommended and favourite carry-on luggage! You can check it out here. Scroll down if you want to know more.
With so many items to choose from, you will get overwhelmed. Hopefully, this guide may help you choose based on your “travel priorities” when it comes to a suitcase.
Talking to a lot of fellow wanderlust friends, they pretty good suggestions as to why a specific travel item is a must-buy or not. But most of the time, I can pretty much sum up their choices based on these 3 parameters:
Read on some other travel packing tips and hacks:
- 7 Best Packing Cubes for Travel: Are They Worth it?
- Best Suitcase for your International Travel
- Best Travel Backpack for your next Adventure
- What to pack for a cruise: Cruise Packing List
- Can I bring these on a plane? Scissors, Razor, Tweezers, Makeup & Food
These are the reason why budget plays a major role in our decision-making when it comes to purchasing. What most people do is conduct a price comparison of a specific item and see what is the cheapest one out there without sacrificing the quality.
See the cheapest 20” hard case suitcase here. The cheapest cabin suitcase in wheels that suits the budget without sacrificing the quality of a travel carry-on bag. Since a cabin-size suitcase is something that you will most like use for the long term, a 10-year or limited lifetime warranty may be something that will pique your interest.
Now, there are those who weigh in on a product’s features to determine whether an item is worth buying. This is when the words durability, the material used, accessories, size and others come into play. As much as you want an item to be as cheap as possible, if it does not contain the function you need during travel, then t is all in vain.
Last, but not least, would be one’s love for style and glamour.
You may know someone who makes it a point to travel in fashion. Be it in the clothes they wear or the items they carry. It is very essential for those Instagram-worthy photos that they will keep for a lifetime.
It’s like a millennial’s digital trophy of lifetime achievements. As I am a believer that time is gold, this quick guide will give you an idea of some of the famous and reliable brands in the market:
Here’s the best cabin suitcase that we recommend:
For the Budget Conscious:
AmazonBasics Hardside Luggage Spinner – Cabin Size
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
As budget plays a big role in one’s decision making, this is one of the cheapest 20” cabin luggage available in the market. Other product features are as follows:
- A trusty carry on luggage with wheels.
- It has a protective hard shell with the scratch-resistant finish; made of extra-thick ABS (thicker than the competition) for enhanced strength and durability.
- Fully lined interior with divider; A 150D-polyester interior organizer with 3 zippered pockets for conveniently storing smaller items
- It also comes in 2 or 3-piece luggage sets with very affordable prices. The largest carry on luggage available is 28”. Carry on luggage sizes available are 20/24/28”.
Olympia 22 Inch 8 Pocket Rolling Duffel
Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
Now if you wish to have to have a cabin suitcase in wheels that can be converted as a travel carry on bags, this is the perfect back for you. Other product features are as follows:
- It is constructed of supreme “Protecflon” Polyester With 1200 D.
- It has in-line skate metal ball bearing wheel system and hideaway pull handle.
- Other great features would be the self-repairing zippers,
- U-shape top opening system for easy access to a spacious main compartment and its lightweight material. The bag only weighs 5.1 pounds. This may actually have it considered as one of the best light carry on luggage available.
Since I am a believer that the cabin luggage case is something that you will need for the long term, a lifetime warranty will definitely make it worth every dime spent. Apart from that, you get to enjoy the following perks:
- 4-wheel spinners rotate 360° providing superior manoeuvrability
- Telescoping airline-grade aluminium handle system with stops at 38″ and extra-tall 42.5″ to ensure a comfortable roll at a customized height
- Patented contour grip for more comfort
- Polyester fabric with water and stain resistant coating
- A honeycomb frame system for lightweight durability
This bag saves the day with its 10-year warranty period. Just like the first one, it also has notable features like:
- Gorgeous Rose Gold accents on the logo
- Zipper pulls and push-button locking handle
- Expands 5″ for added packing capacity and large front panel interior pocket for packing organization
- Smooth-rolling, ‘airflow’ multi-directional spinner wheels for easy movement.
Function Speaks Volumes:
As others prioritize pricing, there are those who weigh in product’s features to determine if whether an item is worth buying. One important feature of a bag is its ability to protect the valuable items it contains. The best carry on suitcases is the hard case types.
Cabin luggage cases that fit such description would be:
- The micro-diamond texture is extremely scratch-resistant, keeping cases beautiful after a trip
- Re-engineered lightweight spinner wheels for effortless mobility. Retractable handle
- Consumer preferred expansion on all sides
- Full-zip interior, divider and cross straps for increased packing organization. Side-mounted TSA lock ensures security while travelling
- Body Dimensions: 19.0″ x 14.5″ x 9.5″
Delsey is yet another go-to brand for the best carry on bags in the market. We expect nothing less from Delsey Luggage Helium Aero.
- It has a large easy access front compartment with an integrated padded sleeve.
- This can secure a 15.6-inch laptop.
- The 2 zippered mesh pockets may be used for computer accessories, hotel toiletries, or any last minute items such as tickets, passport or books.
- This suitcase also expands up to 2 inches for additional packing space. This feature is great for packing souvenirs on return journeys.
- If it is not yet good enough, the large fully-lined compartments have multiple pockets to allow easy access and organization for all of your items.
- Web straps and a zippered divider secure clothing and help minimize wrinkles. An organizer freak’s paradise bag.
- It is comprised of 100% polycarbonate which makes the case lightweight and durable.
- For suitcase security, it has the integrated 3 dials TSA accepted combination lock.
Now, if hardcase suitcases are not your ideal type but you still want to achieve almost the same purpose as the aforementioned this softcase back may be the best fit for you:
- Cabin luggage size is 20 inches. Fully expandable to ensure maximum packing capacity.
- It also boasts of lightweight construction to avoid airline fees for excess baggage.
- It has lined (signature) interior with interior pockets and compartments to keep your belongings organized and easily available
- For mobility, it has a 360 degree Spinner wheels that enable mobility over a variety of surfaces, especially crowded airports.
- The ergonomic handle grips allow for maximum control of your suitcase while travelling and moving.
For shorter, over the weekend trips or simply a second carry on bag, small carry on luggage/ hand luggage bags got you covered.
Certain airlines like American Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines & Frontier Airlines allows under seat second carry on luggage bags.
Again, Delsey represents when it comes to variety. This under seat carry on fits in most airline overhead compartments and under the seat.
It can be a considered one of the best carry on bag for a woman as it screams both function and fashion.
- It has a stylish quilted exterior with colourful internal lining.
- But more than the external beauty of this bag, you can count on the roomy main compartment to hold clothing & an extra pair of shoes.
- There are plenty of interior pockets for small items including toiletries. It also has a front organizer for tickets, passport, books and more.
An equally functional but cheaper alternative would be:
- The hand luggage size is 16.50″ x 13.80″ x 7.80″ (All Parts). Interior is 15.74″ x 13.80″ x 7.80″.
- It has a capacity of 28.00 L volume but it only weighs 4.37 Lbs.
- It is a single telescopic retractable trolley handle for easy travelling.
- The multiple zipped compartments for all your key belongings such as passports, money and magazines.
From Fashion with Love
If a good pair of shoes takes you to good places, a fashion statement for a bag may be yet considered the best carry on luggage for women. Do not get me wrong, the bags listed above are fashionable in its own right.
However, this bag deserves special attention. It is a combination of class, style and function. This bag comes in two different colours.
- There is a distillation of elegance and innovation, with clean curves and soft leather trims.
- It is made from Bayer 100% Virgin Makrolon polycarbonate, that is specially formulated to achieve the highest standards of extreme temperature and impact resistance.
- This product features a unique “Stop and Go” brake system that allows you to lock the front two wheels to keep your bag from drifting away, but still roll the bag along the back two wheels
- Silent-running, Japanese Hinomoto spinner wheels will assure smooth manoeuvrability. It further adds comfort to your journey.
- Its fully lined luxurious red interior offers two packing compartments with zippered dividers to minimize shifting of contents.
That’s the line up of our favourite cabin suitcase that you can take on board your next flight with no hassle and fuss!
Looking for more travel related buying guides for your next trip?
Check out our Buying Guides page.
What’s your favourite and recommended cabin luggage?
We love to know them in the comment box below.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Everything ZanyTravel Blog
Everything Zany Travel Blog exploring the UK and beyond. Sharing travel guides, tips, history and culture. Our travel media brand is founded by travel and hotel industry expert – Ryazan Tristram, a Dual Citizen (British – Filipina) based in Birmingham, UK. Everything Zany is a reputable and award-winning travel blog. Our work and contributions have been featured in Huffington Post, CNBC, Discovery Channel, GMA, Readers Digest, and Lonely Planet. Our missions are to build a great travel community and resource of travel tips, visas and travel guides for travellers. Join us as we travel around the UK and beyond with a mission to share the best of the world.